Pamela grew up as much in Avonlea and Narnia as in England but she eventually moved to Melbourne and the real world, where she became a software developer and dance teacher. But that little girl who loved books was still inside and trying to get out. She eventually did get out (it was messy) and set about writing poetry and books for children – everything from picture books to middle-grade novels. She particularly loves writing humour, fantasy and rhyme.
In 2018, she published her absolutely-hilarious-not-scary-at-all chapter book for reluctant readers, Zombies Alive! and is published in three short-story anthologies and The School Magazine. Pamela also reviews books for the CBCA publication Reading Time, co-hosts the podcast Middle Grade Mavens and volunteers as a magazine editor.
Her greatest loves are her family, her collection of smelly old books and her other collection of even smellier old ballet shoes. As well as books and ballet, Pamela loves speaking Dutch, growing food, dabbling in art and home educating her children.
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Blossoms Competition 2019 - Longlisted Junior Fiction Category
- Buzz Words Magazine - First page competition, 2019 - Winner
- Scribbles Creative Writing Awards 2018 (Girl & Duck) - Shortlisted, middle-grade category
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Blossoms Competition 2018 - Winner Middle-Grade Fiction Category
- Jackie Hosking's Pass It On - Spring Competition 2017, third place and highly commended for verse story
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Buds Picture Book Writing Competition 2017 - Longlisted
- Creative Kids Tales - 2016 Treehouse, Swamp or Clock Competition - Highly Recommended
- Secret Door Competition 2016 - Winner, Middle-Grade Fiction
- Creative Kids Tales - 2016 Aliens, Animals and Amazing Places Competition - 4th place
- Jackie Hosking's Pass It On - Spring Competition 2015, 2nd place for rhyming story
- Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, Victorian chapter
- Writers Victoria
- Jen Storer Presents - Middle Grade Magic (2020)
- Jen Storer Presents - 4 Weeks to Write Junior Fiction (2019)
- Australian Writer's Centre - Copywriting Essentials (2018)
- Scribbles by Jen Storer (2017-18)
- Writers Victoria - Writing for the Education Market (2017)
- Create a Kids' Book Workshop with Virginia Lowe (2015)
- Australian Writer's Centre - Writing for Children and Young Adults (2016)
- Australian Writer's Centre - Writing Picture Books (2015)
- Creative Writing - Griffith University (2010)