Pamela Ueckerman grew up as much in Avonlea and Narnia as in England but she eventually moved to Australia and the real world, where she became a software developer. But that little girl who loved books was still inside and begging for attention.
Now a long-term resident of Melbourne, Pamela writes picture books, poetry and middle-grade fiction for children. She is also a copywriter and web developer, volunteers in a school library and runs a private taxi service for two small clients.
Pamela self-published her junior fiction chapter book – Zombies Alive! – in 2018. She is also published in three anthologies and the Australian Children’s Poetry website.
- Buzz Words Magazine – First page competition, 2019 – Winner
- Scribbles Creative Writing Awards 2018 (Girl & Duck) – Shortlisted, middle-grade category
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Blossoms Competition 2018 – Winner Middle Grade Fiction Category
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2017, third place and highly commended for verse story
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Buds Picture Book Writing Competition 2017 – Longlisted
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Treehouse, Swamp or Clock Competition – Highly Recommended
- Secret Door Competition 2016 – Winner, Middle-Grade Fiction
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Aliens, Animals and Amazing Places Competition – 4th place
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2015, 2nd place for rhyming story
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Victorian chapter
- Writers Victoria
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Copywriting Essentials (2018)
- Scribbles by Jen Storer (2017-18)
- Writers Victoria – Writing for the Education Market (2017)
- Create a Kids’ Book Workshop with Virginia Lowe (2015)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing for Children and Young Adults (2016)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing Picture Books (2015)
- Creative Writing – Griffith University (2010)