Stories infused with the magic of childhood…
Pamela Ueckerman writes children’s poetry, picture books and junior fiction. She is published in The Toy Chest anthology by Prints Charming Books and two Creative Kids’ Tales anthologies. She has won awards for her unpublished rhyming picture books and her first junior fiction novel.
Pamela grew up as much in Avonlea, Middle Earth and Narnia as she did in various parts of England* but after moving to Australia and growing up, she found herself stuck in the real world. For some time though, she lived in Amsterdam, which isn’t really like the real world at all. She has worked as a software developer, a web designer and a dance teacher before rediscovering her inner child and finding her true calling as a writer. She now lives in Melbourne with her husband, two sons and a growing number of fruit trees, which require almost as much attention as the children.
*The first book she wrote, at the tender age of seven, was called “Prince Yogurt-Pot and Princess Emma-Milk”.
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2017, third place and highly commended for verse story
- Greenleaf Buds Picture Book Writing Competition 2017 – Longlisted
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Treehouse, Swamp or Clock Competition – Highly Recommended
- Secret Door Competition 2016 – Winner, Middle-Grade Fiction
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Aliens, Animals and Amazing Places Competition – 4th place
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2015, 2nd place for rhyming story
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Victorian chapter
- Writers Victoria
- Creative Kids Tales
- Creative Writing – Griffith University (2010)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing Picture Books (2015)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing for Children and Young Adults (2016)
- Create a Kids’ Book Workship with Virginia Lowe (2015)
- Writers Victoria – Writing for the Education Market (2017)
- Scribbles by Jen Storer (2017-18)