Stories infused with the magic of childhood…
Pamela Ueckerman grew up as much in Avonlea and Narnia as in England but eventually moved to Australia and the real world, where she worked as a software developer and dance teacher. She has also lived in Amsterdam, which isn’t really like the real world at all, and it was there that she made the graceful leap from writing computer code to writing fiction. Reading to her children brought her “home” to the world of children’s fiction.
A long-term resident of Melbourne, Pamela writes picture books, junior fiction and children’s poetry. She runs a private taxi service for two small clients, hangs out in the school library and is amassing a growing collection of old ballet shoes.
Pamela is published in three anthologies and the Australian Children’s Poetry website. She has received recognition for her unpublished work and is a member of SCBWI, Writers Victoria and Creative Kids Tales.
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Blossoms Competition 2018 – Winner Middle Grade Fiction Category
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2017, third place and highly commended for verse story
- Greenleaf Press Greenleaf Buds Picture Book Writing Competition 2017 – Longlisted
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Treehouse, Swamp or Clock Competition – Highly Recommended
- Secret Door Competition 2016 – Winner, Middle-Grade Fiction
- Creative Kids Tales – 2016 Aliens, Animals and Amazing Places Competition – 4th place
- Jackie Hosking’s Pass It On – Spring Competition 2015, 2nd place for rhyming story
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Victorian chapter
- Writers Victoria
- Creative Kids Tales
- Creative Writing – Griffith University (2010)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing Picture Books (2015)
- Australian Writer’s Centre – Writing for Children and Young Adults (2016)
- Create a Kids’ Book Workship with Virginia Lowe (2015)
- Writers Victoria – Writing for the Education Market (2017)
- Scribbles by Jen Storer (2017-18)